Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Fin-A-Billy Part 1: Cast Iron Arms


Going through my 2009 gig pictures I noticed that the band I saw live most times was Finnish Teddyboy band Cast Iron Arms. That's not so surprising as I a) live in Finland b) in Finland are many Rockabilly gigs c) I like Teddyboy Rock'n'Roll (or Revival Rock or British Rockabilly or how ever you wanna call it). Still I thought it is worth mentioning here. Especially because I didn't get bored seeing them a couple of times. Each time it felt new and fresh. But then again that could also be because of intoxication at the previous gig. Anyways, I think they are Finland's best Teddyboy band at the moment, followed probably by the Beetle Crushers, and if you haven't heard them yet, give them a listen. Especially their newer recordings are top. I have their first CD and that's a bit lame. I will spare you all the details on band history and line-up changes, in what bands the guys used to play and in what others they play beside CIA. You can figure that out yourself with some web-research. Start here, at their MySpace site CAST IRON ARMS and go and see them live if they play a town near you.

No comments:

Post a Comment