Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Night Out With The Boys



The Rapids are returning to the stage, 10 years after their last show. Summer 2010 they will be in Hamburg, headlining(I hope) the '4th Psychobilly Fiesta Over Hamburg'. Of course they never played Psychobilly but I guess they just have more fans among them than amongst Teddyboys or Authentics. 
The Rapids are without a doubt one of the best Neo-Rockabilly bands and their one and only album 'Turning Point'(a matching title as it sounds very different to the band's early releases) should be mentioned together with the Blue Cats 'Fight Back' and Polecats 'Are Go' when talking about refreshing, new and still rockin' Rockabilly records.
June 19th is the day when you should be at the Knust, Hamburg. Other bands that night are Belgium's Psychobilly legends Swampys and the great Go-Katz from England. I won't be there but I pray(well, not really but I would if I was religious) that one day I will get to see the Rapids. For a very interesting interview go here: DO YOU BELIEVE?
And while you are there, look around. It is an amazing page for Psychobilly. The real deal, not the makeup-secretgoths-punkswithquiffs-wannabilly certain people try to sell as Psychobilly.

1 comment:

  1. Oh! we remember this band , my young years . we have his Nervous Lp & maxi 'the raid' ... nice to hear they are back on the roots ..... rockin'regards ricky

    ReplyDelete