Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Mix Tape: Hot Rod Weekend



Mix-Tape time again, it has been a while. This time with 79 minutes of the best 60s Rock'n'Roll you can ask for. No Surf, no Beat, no Teen Punk, for sure no Psychedelic or Kraut-Rock. Just plain simple grooving 60s Rock'n'Roll. While compiling the album I discovered quite a few outstanding tracks that I hadn't heard before. Stuff like 'Darktown Strutters Ball' from Joe Brown and the Bruuvers from 1960, the first version of Cliff Richard's 'Move It' that I actually can stand, done by a band called The Twitters or the 1964 Colin Cook and the Strangers recording 'Put Me Down'. Other gems are 60s recordings by Bill Haley, Chuck Berry, Freddie Cannon, Gene Vincent and my 3 favorites, Ronnie Self's 'Own Kick Going', the Super Stocks with 'Wide Track' and Eddie Fontaine's 'I'm Gonna Settle Down'. You haven't lived until you have heard that groovy little tune. Get your copy HERE!

No comments:

Post a Comment