Friday, November 13, 2009

Mou-Mou-Moustache


It may not be super new news anymore but still: Billy Childish has reformed the Buff Medways. The reason is that Nurse Julie, bass-player of his latest band The Musicians Of The British Empire, is expecting a baby. I never was a big Childish fan so my excitement is limited, but I know there are millions out there that look up to him like a Messiah. All you fans should get your asses to London where they'll play a show at the Dirty Water Club at The Boston Arms, December 4th. Easter 2004 I saw them play at some 2-day Mod/Garage-Festival in the British capitol and was very bored. And I had high hopes before because Graham Day(Prisoners etc. in case you don't know) was on bass. The only thing really entertaining was Childish's moustache and look. But I am listening to their songs on the band's MySpace site now while writing and must say 'not bad, not bad'. Maybe I just had to pass 40 to appreciate trashy recordings and a singer that can't sing.

1 comment:

  1. Hey there!
    I'm one of the employees of Bastardsongs and I saw your comment about the wreckin around the christmas tree, and I'm interested on that record. I don't know how I could do the payment, because I don't have an international credit card, but we can do some trades. I have  a lot of brazilian psychobilly records from the 80's!!
    If you can, reply on rigormortisrocker@gmail.com.  
    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete